5 Ways to Heal Your Pain
I have a lot of people asking for advice on toxic situations. We all struggle with healing, because it is hard. Healing is hard. You have to be willing to move past your hurt to improve yourself.
Don't be afraid to get outside your comfort zone and do something you have never done before. Embrace the unknown and move on to be a better you. Wouldn't you rather experience temporary pain than live in pain for a long time? Take the time to love yourself and heal from your pain.
When I think about healing, there are 5 ways to truly heal your pain.
- Staying in the pain will not help you heal. Don't stay in situations expecting it to change. If someone continues to show you who they are and they continue to disappoint you, it's on you for continuing to put yourself in that situation. You have to do what is best for you. It's not your fault that someone caused you pain, but it is your responsibility to make it better. You cannot heal yourself by doing nothing. Remove yourself from the pain.
- You will not heal looking for happiness in the same place that you lost it. There is a point when you choose to accept bad treatment from someone else. You will never change a person, it's your job to change your own life and what you surround yourself with.
- You will never heal from a situation by trying to prove that you are over the situation. We want to prove to people that we are over them. You should never be trying to move on from them because you need to stop focusing on them. Focus on what you deserve and how you can live your best life. Your healing is only about you. Stop trying to prove to them that you have moved on. Prove it to yourself. Show yourself that you can be better without that situation in your life.
- Holding hate for them in your heart. I know it takes time to forgive people, but if you don't forgive them, they will control your life. You have to be willing to move past what happened and grow from it. You don't want to live your life being controlled by someone who is no longer in your life. Don't let your future be controlled by your past.
- Getting in a new relationship when you haven't healed from your previous one. Don't just get a band-aid to put over your hurt. Usually, when you do this, you try to build a relationship with broken pieces. When you have broken pieces in your relationship, they will come out eventually. Learn to love yourself and heal before you rush in to anything.
Sometimes it takes being perfectly lonely, just so God can show you what being perfectly loved feels like.
Because I was able to love myself, I truly can be the person I need to be. Rediscover yourself and make yourself better than you were before. Remove yourself from the pain you are going through and come out stronger.
It all starts with you.