Day 3 | Love Yourself Challenge
Welcome to day 3 of the challenge! Your challenge begins in the morning!
Today is Protecting Your Peace day.
Yesterday we talked about energy and how important it is to create the energy you need to conquer your day.
Here are some hard-hitting stats to consider:
- 45% of the country is dealing with anxiety
- 75% of people who suffer from depression go untreated.
- 25% of people in the workforce are struggling with burn out.
The answer to this problem is simple, but not easy.
Protect your peace.
Protecting your peace is a vital piece to loving yourself. Did you catch that wordplay? Peace, piece? I got bars for days! I kid. I kid.
Our inner peace is far too sacred to give it to anyone or anything. We must protect it at all costs.
As you see I'm out in nature running, letting my mind go, and detaching from the world. It's my way of releasing any burdens that have been weighing me down.
I challenge you to wake up early before sunrise or stay up late for sunset. Find a place without interruptions and disconnect from the world of technology. No text messages, no emails, no calendar invites.
- "Bae" can wait.
- Social media can wait.
- Work can wait.
They will all be there when you get back. After all, you can't be at your best to serve your family, your company, or your community if your inner peace is shaken. Take 15-20 minutes daily in complete solitude.
Focus on yourself, no one else, but "You" and the present moment.
Make it cathartic. Create a sanctuary of peace. Find a place of serenity every day. Today's challenge may seem simple... but I promise you it can be a game-changer for your mental health. Personally, I believe nature heals. I believe nature is God's natural medicine for the soul.
If you want to find a nature trail to hike, you can use an app called AllTrails. Take a friend if you want or need to. Research where you're going if you are unfamiliar with it. This is all about protecting your peace, alright. Be safe.
Outside of walking in nature, here are some other helpful ways to protect your peace:
- Journal: Write down your emotional state, why you are feeling that way, and what you are doing to repair the situation.
- Sometimes, just writing your anger and fears can marginalize its power over you. It can also remind you that it's not worth stressing about.
- Make a chart with three columns: Non-controllable, Controllable, How to respond.
- Non-controllable: List all the things that you know are not in your control.
- Controllable: List all the daily things that are in your control.
- How to respond: List how you should respond moving forward.
- Meditate for 5 minutes: Focus on your breath (5 seconds in, 5-seconds hold, 5 seconds out).
- The Calm app is a great way to start with mediation.
- Visualize for 1-2 minutes: Create a mental movie of your day.
- This is a sports psychology technique for many world-class athletes.
Visualize the moment from a first-person POV, watch yourself seize the
- This is a sports psychology technique for many world-class athletes. Visualize the moment from a first-person POV, watch yourself seize the moment.
I'm proud of you for making it to day three! We are starting to build some serious momentum.
Remember, this is your time to figure out how to love yourself more and how to take your life to the next level.
Enjoy day three of the challenge.
It all starts with you...Let's get it!